There are just too many distractions in this world and we always sometimes feels as if like we have been controlled by the world. It is very important to remember God. While I was on my way for visitation, I told my mum I'm really upset about my childhood and I just don't want to talk about my childhood because I keep saying that I'm stupid and not smart until today comparing to my cousins and My family is as if like comparing who has really good grades or what level and a really really high expectations and I have this cousin who was only 6 years old and he can standard 4 English Grammar or Maths or Whatever and yeah this year SPM expecting him getting straight A's.My mum told me that , when I was younger I'm hopeless in school for all subjects ( except for maths) and my dad even thought of sending me to take up sewing as a skill and for survival. People will always be amazed at how well you do. But not to God. There is part of my life I totally forgotten about I sang for the Lord. When I was about 9-10 years of age I sang Saviour Like A Shepard Lead Us for Sharon Che Che's wedding and many other events. Then my mum ask me this questions "Would God be please for someone who sang praises for him in many events or Getting good grades?". My mum also didn't expect me to pass my STPM or even getting an A. If I want to be on a stage and sing solo again it takes lots of guts I have miss the boat . Furthermore back then, people just don't care about how accurate the notes were I just sang out loud and without training and people just don't care. I sang for my mummy's Godmother's funeral and she was the only one I saw her before she died in front of my mum and also Aunt Guat Sian. Everything is about competition in this world, in school in college and also in church and winning. God's standard is totally different, he doesn't look at how good your grades are ( unless your grades can glorify his name and spread his gospel). People at this age dreaming of going to a good university and travelling around the world and achieve what they wanted most and wanting for more. I guess that is how we were bounded by the standard of the world.
As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you live in ignorance.
1 Peter 1:14
No comments:
Post a Comment