Aim is number! Sometimes in life we lose sight of what we are heading!! I guess that is very true. I get bored of college because of the classes and repetition of it. However I learn get to learn something different and new words. Further more I was just being frivolous about my studies and my life. After Mr Reuben step in to our class and advice us on what is the purpose for us being here? And I do get it that would be getting minimum second class lower for my degree and also it is very important to obtain a first class result! I want to get First Class and I always doubt myself if I can do it! I have lose my confidence. I keep questioning myself to God , Can I really do it? Never knew there is so much sacrificial to be done for this course and I have developed a habit of reading judgments and also articles (for public law). 60% involves memory. However at the same it involves 100% understanding because memory and understanding are interdependent and there is no choice. It further or do need to memorize and also get used to it with Legal Terms and Legal Definition as well as the involvement of old English and there are so many words that I never knew. That is because we the standard in English is so high that none of us or even my parents can understand. For Judges and lawyers judgments or articles I can understand about 50% but not the academicians because sometimes it includes Shakespeare English.
However, Mr Reuben jotted down the possibility of how many people can pass LLB for intermediate 30% for intermediate. 50% for Part 1 and 70% for part 2. Intermediate is definitely a difficult stage because the scope and definition is just too broad and wide and we need to rely on various resources and read more and need to recall what we have learn. The only thing that currently motivates me is that to get second class lower (minimum). However what Mr Reuben says is true sometimes we need to believe in miracles because God does all things , He told us the story were by this student he read 4 topics for common law and Mr Reuben was so scared and ended up praying to God ( he is a Christian). Who is above all these that would be God and also this verse popped up to me. This is in SDC verse however is in KJV (King James Version).
2 Timothy 2:15. It says that "Study to shew thyself approved unto God" especially these few words because it has a deeper meaning comparing to the one in NIV where it says "Do
your best to present to God as one approved". Why? is because anyone can say I'll just do my best (Especially during the last minute but not from the beginning). Unlike in KJV where it says that "Study" which means in lay man terms Just Study. " To shew thyself approved to God" it signifies that when we study in order to glorify God. However the word study itself is also very subjective because we can say that we can study when we feel like study. However, The word "Do your best" does not specify do you best in what ways? And also "to present to God as one approved" what does this one approved referred to ? Again is a very subjective and broad and is difficult to specify that itself in a very precise way due to the translation from Greek to English and different grammar areas and also vocabulary. Generally, it is the Holy Spirit who give us the understanding and different people can have different ways. It is arguable that the Word study might not be applicable to some people because they are in the working world and Therefore The first ten words "Do your best to present to God as one approved" is suitable for those who are not studying. At the end of the day, There is no precise and specific and certainty and clarification for the verses in the bible. It also gives me the enthusiasm to explore other version of the bible especially for KJV.
The only think that is in my mind is to make myself clear that my aim is to do it for God and also to glorify God. But At times I just can't distinguish if is what I want and also what does God wants me to. I feel that there is a fine thin line for me if that is what God wants me to do or if that is my heart's desire. I am also if that is what I want. My heart's desire is to get at least get into one of the top Universities in the World or Lincoln's Inn (Bar School) in order to become a Barrister.
No comments:
Post a Comment